With a global reputation as Auckland’s premier filming facility, Auckland Film Studios 11 ¾ acres (4.7 Ha) site has five stages totalling 81,500 square feet (7,576 sq m) including two new state of the art sound stages each measuring 21,500 square feet (2,000 sq m).
Complementing these studios are six large multi-purpose buildings, providing 55,000 square feet of flex/mill space.
The new stages were gifted the name of ‘Te Pūtahi’ (to join and intersect) by mana whenua Te Kawerau a Maki – as a place where people will meet to make creative works.
- Power Rangers 2022
- The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
- Sweet Tooth (TV Pilot) 2021
- Letter to the King (TV series) 2020
- Fresh Eggs (TV series) 2019
- Avatar Way of Water 2019
- Adrift (feature film) 2018
- In Dark Places (feature film) 2018
- The Shannara Chronicles (TV series) 2016 – 2017
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny (feature film) 2016
- Emperor (feature film) 2012
- Mr. Pip (feature film) 2012
- Legend of the Seeker (TV series) 2008 – 2010
- The Warriors Way (feature film) 2008
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (feature film) 2008
- 30 Days of Night (feature film) 2007
- The Chair (TV quiz show) 2007
- Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior (TV movie) 2006
- Maddigan’s Quest (TV series) 2006
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (feature film) 2005
- No. 2 (feature film) 2005
- Boogeyman (feature film) 2005
- Ike: Countdown to D-Day (TV movie) 2004
- In My Father’s Den (feature film) 2004
- Deceit (TV movie) 2003
- Lucy (TV movie) 2003
- Power Rangers: Ninja Storm (TV series) 2003
- Whale Rider (feature film) 2002
- Jack of all Trades (TV series) 1999 – 2000
- Cleopatra 2525 (TV series) 1999 – 2000
- Young Hercules (TV movie and series) 1997 – 1999
- Amazon High (TV movie) 1997
- Xena: Warrior Princess (TV series) 1995 – 2001
- Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (TV movies and series) 1994 – 1999
- The Tommyknockers (TV movie) 1992
FILMING IN NEW ZEALAND
Known to the indigenous Māori as Tāmaki Makaurau, Auckland has a mauri (spirit) that will enrich you forever. It is the perfect location to bring your ideas and stories from concept to creation.
Rich in resources and surrounded by water, Auckland is a vibrant, modern city of the Pacific where natural wonder, cultural diversity, youthful energy and economic strength combine. The nation’s gateway to the world, Auckland is a place that connects the past and present, and we celebrate our history and Māori culture with great pride. Here, early adopters and forward-thinkers create new businesses, thriving tech hubs and vibrant creative industries.
As well as operating in a single time zone, being east of the International Date Line means New Zealand is one of the first countries in the world to greet the new day.
From Auckland, you can access New Zealand’s stunning landscapes, showcased most recently in The Power of the Dog, and Mulan (both productions based in Auckland). From one day to the next you can film in urban spaces which ably stand in for many global cities, tropical rainforests, grassy plains, sandy beaches, swamps or snow-capped mountains.
All this is backed by Auckland’s experienced crew and support departments, and the region’s world-class screen industry companies.
Auckland Film Studios is one of New Zealand’s largest studio complexes. We are dedicated to ensuring your production goes as smoothly as possible. For all booking enquiries or further information, please contact us:
Film Auckland are the leading voice of the screen industry in the Auckland region, representing the biggest concentration of screen industry activities in New Zealand.
The New Zealand Film Commission is the body responsible for New Zealand films, administering tax incentives and authorizing co-productions.
Screensafe promotes Health & Safety in the New Zealand screen sector, and offers information and resources for this.
Screen Auckland, the regional film office, are knowledgeable and eﬀective partners for in-bound production and permitting.
Auckland Film Industry Studios
Tourism New Zealand
Screen Industry Guild Aotearoa New Zealand
New Zealand Actors’ Equity
Stunt Guild of New Zealand
Actors Agents Association of NZ
NZ Writers Guild
Directors and Editors Guild of NZ
Screen Production and Development Association (SPADA)
Script to Screen
Women in Film and Television NZ
Ngā Aho Whakaari
Screen Music & Sound Guild of NZ